Divorce mediation is a process of family mediation that assists separating couples to peacefully resolve disagreements between themselves and achieve mutually acceptable agreements without the need for litigation. National Family Mediation Service in Brighton is a specialist provider of divorce mediation, providing couples with the support they need to make decisions about their future.
Divorce mediation has many benefits, helping couples to quickly and cost-effectively come to an agreement that works for both parties. Some of the benefits of divorce mediation include:
• Cost-Effective: Divorce mediation is a much more cost-effective process than going to court.
• Private: Divorce mediation is a private process, meaning that couples can discuss their issues in a comfortable and confidential setting.
• Time-Saving: Divorce mediation is often much quicker than litigation, helping couples to come to agreement much faster.
• Empowering: Divorce mediation is an empowering process, as it gives couples the power to make decisions about their own lives.
• Non-Judgmental: Divorce mediation is a non-judgmental process, which means that couples can discuss issues without fear of being judged or criticized.
The divorce mediation process involves a neutral third party, who is trained in family law, as well as the parties involved in the dispute. The mediator will help the parties to discuss their issues and come to an agreement that works for both parties. The mediator is impartial and will not make any decisions on behalf of the parties, they will only provide guidance and support.
The divorce mediation process typically follows these steps:
• The mediator will meet with each party separately to discuss their goals and provide information on the process.
• The mediator will then bring the parties together to discuss their issues and any agreements that have been made.
• The mediator will help the parties to come to an agreement that is acceptable to both parties.
• The mediator will write up any agreements made, which will then be signed by both parties.
Divorce mediation is a cost-effective, time-saving, and non-judgmental process that helps couples to peacefully resolve disagreements and reach mutually acceptable agreements. Working with a trained mediator at National Family Mediation Service in Brighton can help couples to come to a resolution that works for both of them.